Saturday, February 9, 2013

Learning Journal-February-Week 1

This week, has unfortunately, not been as productive as I would have liked. I had an off week for whatever reason, and just didn't feel well most of the time. We got done what we could, and will do better next week, though!

-Reading-
     -Read alouds-
-Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew-a few chapters left...
     -Personal reading-
My older two both have chapter books they are currently in the middle of , and my younger too both go through several books each day being read to, and practicing reading for themselves.

-wRiting-
-M10-Spent time working on her story about a family getting a new puppy
-N12 & M10- worked on cursive copywork and did several mad libs

-aRithmetic-
-N12 & M10-did 5-a-days and speed drills
-J4-counted mama's stitches as she knit, counting up to 60
-Played a game of skip-bo with my girls
-M10 & E7-helped regularly in the kitchen
-N12-had a length discussion with him about how taxes work

-Music-
-music practiced daily-guitar, piano, and recorder

-Life-school-
-E7-played a few games of checkers
-We had the pleasure of getting to watch a magic show put on by my oldest 3, with a bit of guitar playing as well. Quite entertaining!
-Lots of discussion about many topics....

I'm working this weekend on being more prepared and a bit more organized for the upcoming week. I'd like to see my kids be able to move on with school even when I'm not feeling 100%.

Blessings,
sara

No comments: