Well, I made it through week 2! Baby stepping my way back to being a trim healthy mama! This week I tackled my morning meals/snacks!
So, now, I am fully on plan in:
-What I drink! No Dr. Pepper! No more sugary drinks!
-From 12 am to 12 pm each day, eating only on plan foods. I ate mostly all S meals, with one crossover. I rarely ate anything but breakfast during that time, but there was a couple nights where I got the hankering for a midnight snack, and I ended up eating a handful of nuts or some yogurt. This was pretty easy for me, because I'm not really a big breakfast eater anyways.
Struggles I faced this week:
I had really low energy all week. I mean, really low! It didn't necessarily make staying on plan during the morning hard, it was just discouraging, and difficult while I'm trying so hard to do better. I also did not lose any weight this week, and felt pretty bloated, and yucky most of the time. Detox maybe? I'm not sure, however, I do feel like I'm ready to tackle the next step!
My plan for this week:
This week, I'm going to focus on continuing to drink healthy, slimming drinks, and eating a good, filling breakfast, and adding to that, enjoying a trim and healthy lunch. Lunch time is hard for me, for a couple reasons. I have a hard time slowing down to eat, and when I do, I scarf my food down quickly! We're in the midst of finishing up chores for the day, getting school work done, and getting littles down ready to go down for a nap. My usual go to lunch is a quick sandwich on less than healthy bread or leftovers. My rule for this week, is that I'm going to stay on plan from 12 am to 3 pm the next day. We usually eat lunch right at noon, when my husband comes home for lunch.
My favorite lunches:
Ok, so like I said, we are usually a sandwich or leftovers for lunch kind of family. This can still work, while staying on plan, using on plan breads and wraps. With the weather cooling down....well, here in Oklahoma, it's still in the upper 80's this week, but we're getting there....but we do a lot of soups at lunch, and I also enjoy a salad a couple times a week. I'd like to eat more salads, but I just don't love them enough yet ;) Here's a quick list of some of my favorite lunches:
-Lunch meat or leftover chicken, beef, or fish (also natural peanut butter, and sugar free Polaner jelly) sandwich fillings, with all the fixin's, and bread or wrap, based on whether I'm eating an S or E meal.
-Soup, sometimes served with a sandwich/wrap. I LOVE the Just like Campbell's Soup in the book with a grilled cheese on a half a Joseph's lavash bread!
-Salad. I'm a big fan of the salad's in a jar idea! Going to try to prep at least a few salads for the week to make easy, quick lunches.
-Quick pizzas-One of my kids favorite things here lately is taking a piece of bread, toasting it, then topping it with pizza sauce, cottage cheese, and some mozzarella. i can do that with on plan bread or wraps.
-Poached salmon, and a baked sweet potato
-Leftovers! Lately we haven't eaten many on plan meals in the evening, so that will depend on what we have the night before, if I'll have leftovers to eat.
Some other things I'm doing this week:
-Continuing making recipe cards to add to my recipe box for quick meal references.
-Staying off the scale. At this point, it's not helping me to feel better. I need to pack it away, and just measure success by how my clothes are fitting me for now.
-Making it a point to slow down and sit down and enjoy lunch with the kids and stop rushing!
-I'd like to streamline my menu planning a bit more. I'm thinking about making a list of 10 things each for breakfast and lunch to choose from. Specific recipes. I can switch them out occasionally, but having just some set things to choose from would make my life a little easier for now.
That's all for this week! I keep hoping to be blogging more, but right now, once or twice a week is working for me. Better than nothing, right? :) I hope everyone has an amazing week! Good luck on getting healthy!
Sara


No comments:
Post a Comment