Monday, March 11, 2013

10 Weeks Left & Goals-Week of March 10-16

We survived the first day of the time change this week, not as smooth of a transition as I'd have liked to have been, but we're none the worse for wear. Last week, however was difficult for me.....I started off strong on Monday, and got so much done, but beginning Monday night, all day Tuesday, and off and on throughout Wednesday I began having horrible contractions. They seemed to be little more than intense Braxton Hicks contractions, but they made it difficult for me to get anything done. By the time I got to Thursday, I was feeling quite overwhelmed with all I needed to do. I decided to make the most of what I could, and not stress over it. I did accomplish, or at least get started towards many of my goals this last week, and a few things that were not part of my plans got done that were a huge blessing as well. I'll share what all I got done this last week, and the goals for this week under each category....

One thing I realized I did last week, was I thought I still had 12 weeks left....wrong.....I had 11, and now that number is down to 10 weeks....eeek!

So much to do, so little time, but I can only do what I can do....so here it goes!

Spiritual-

My goal was to begin writing in my new Journible, and get at least a chapter done by week's end....I didn't....I did get started, and completed one page though, and I will continue to work on about a page a day this week. I also didn't spend near as much time in God's Word as I'd have liked to. So I will be working harder at that this week also. In addition to Bible reading, I'm also trying to read through Created to Be His Helpmeet....I've started this book so many times, and I never can finish it....I hope to read at least a few chapters by the end of the week. Another thing I want to do, that I was prompted by the Holy Spirit during yesterday's services was to reach out more, talk to more people about Christ, and what He's done for me, and invite more people to church. I want to try to make sure I invite at least 5 people to church this week. And lastly, no complaining....I let myself get into the habit of complaining about everything in my life, and I don't want to be that way. I want to see God's blessings in all I have to do each day.

Family-

My family goals were to be more intentional with my time....I did better, but again, not as good as I'd hoped. I made an effort to spend time with the kids outside every day this last week, I talked to them more, I tried to pay more attention to what they were doing and talk to them about it. I'm going to keep this one going....I want to do more...I'm tired of wasting my time on frivolous things that don't really matter.

School-

Homeschooling went great this week! It was the one thing we did really good with, and I'm so thankful! I just want to continue working on what we've been doing, and fine tuning our routines and what we're doing every day. I also need to take the time to do the neccessary pre-reading of books for my kids to read....not really because I'm worried there will be something bad in them, but I want to be able to discuss the books with them as they narrate to me and tell me what they read. I'm hoping to do a blog post on the changes we've made this week.

Home-

You can pretty much look at last week's goals for my home, and put them for this week....the only things I really accomplished were Monday's goals, and I got my errands ran for the week. I just need to keep working on putting these routines in place, and getting stuff done, and making the adjustments that I spoke about last week.

Health-

Like I said, I did spend a lot more time outside this week, and will continue to do that this week....my appetite this last week took a significant dive....I ate very little all week. I started drinking a protein shake each day to keep up some calories, but for whatever reason, I couldn't eat hardly at all. I will be working harder at incorporating some healthier foods into my diet this week even when I'm not very hungry.

Other-

Most of my other goals were hit or miss...I did take a load of stuff to church, and have another one ready to go. I did manage to get up earlier, but not sure how that will work out this week with the time change....I did not however manage to eat out less, as with my appetite all but gone, I could not make myself get up and cook like I wanted to. We didn't eat out all week, but I did end up going to the store and buying a lot of convenience foods for the week. No crafting got done, and I didn't take inventory of baby stuff. So we'll just continue with those goals for this week...

One thing we did get done that was an upcoming goal was we found a second hand bunk bed for my girl's room, and even found a second hand set of comforters and room decor, all for very cheap...It was EXACTLY what we needed! We got everything all set up in there room, though there is still a bit of organization that needs to be done.

So, yeah...this week is pretty much going to have to be a catch up and get through the week kind of week. I do have lots of goals in mind for the next 10 weeks, but I need to play catch up with what I haven't been able to do this last week. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

It all sounds busy to me! I've been guilty of over scheduling myself and it defeats what I am trying to accomplish. I don't use the time slot schedules any more for that reason. I wanted every slot filled and it just doesn't work. Praying God's blessing on your birth and child.

Joyfully,
Pamela