A confession, until recently (like January), even after I had started working towards making these changes to our routines, I was very haphazard in sticking to a budget and paying bills on time. It wasn't that it was not important to me....just something I had never done. As a result, we often had late fees, and a few times, have even been disconnected...(hangs head in shame). But since January, I have made a commitment every Wednesday to sit down and get on track with our budget and bills. I'm so thankful to say, that the Lord has greatly blessed my efforts, and is really helping me to stick with it. I also enjoy Wednesday, because I can figure out our whole homeschool week and what we'll be doing on one day, so I don't wake up and have to wonder, "ok, what were we going to do today?" So, here's a look at what Wednesday looks like for us:
Morning
-Read Bible and pray
-Pack hubby's lunch, and fix his breakfast, if needed
-Make bed and straighten bedroom
-Yoga/stretching, get dressed, fix hair/face, and straighten bathroom
-Start kettle
-Start laundry, if needed
-Take dog out and feed her
-Make breakfast and tea/coffee
-Wake kids
-Eat breakfast, drink tea/coffee, and take supplements
-Table time-Proverbs reading, character study, and memory work
-Table chores
-Prep food for lunch and dinner, if needed
-Kids do bedroom and bathroom chores
Daily Chores-to be done by 4pm
-Wash laundry, as needed (I don't usually do any laundry on Wednesday, but will probably be doing baby laundry/diapers once our little one is born)
-Review budget, balance checkbook, and pay bills
-File/shred papers
-Finish weekly shopping list
-Prep letters and packages to be mailed, if needed
-Homeschool prep and weekly review (I look ahead at the next week to see what books we might need, materials we need, and prep math lessons. I also recently started sitting down with each one of my kids individually to talk to them about progress and goals for the coming week. It's been very helpful in keeping them and me more focused.)
-Answer emails, internet research, etc, as needed (This is something I recently added. I'm trying to limit my time online on a daily basis to about 30 minutes a day either in the morning or evening, so I thought since I'd be at the desk for several things on Wednesday, I'd give myself a little extra time online)
-Straighten desk, homeschool area, and bookshelves
-Clean out purse
Homeschool-to be done by 4pm
-Reading, writing, and arithmetic with E7
-Reading-at least 1-2 hours a day (In addition to read alouds)
-Writing-copywork, dictation, and writing
-Arithmetic-Math on the level, 5-a-day, and new concept
-History/Bible
-Science
-Hymn study
-Music lessons
Noon Hour
-Lunch prep and eat
-Table chores
-Dinner prep, if needed
-Family read aloud
Afternoon Chores
-Kids do quick pick up in assigned rooms
-Tea time
-Finish up daily chores
-Finish up school work and put away for the day
-Go for a walk
-Start dinner
Dinner Hour
-Fix dinner-clean as you cook
-Dinner and family devotions
-Table chores
-Plan menu and prep food for the next day
Evening
-Family time-Wednesday Challenge Service-7pm
-Quick pick up in assigned rooms and bedrooms, if needed
-Kids wash up, brush teeth, and get ready for bed
-Poetry and Psalm reading
-Kids in bed at 9pm, reading, lights out by 10pm
-Wash up, brush teeth, and get ready for bed
-Free time-reading, watching tv/movie, spending time with hubby or working on a project
-Take dog out
-In bed by 10pm, reading, lights out by 11pm
I've been trying to do a crockpot meal on Wednesdays, because it seems like meals are a bit rushed already on this day due to us trying to get done in time to go to church. We also have music lessons on Wednesday. Other than that, Wednesdays are pretty relaxed, and a day where I thankfully get to sit and rest more.
As far as my extra goals for this day....I'm really just trying to make sure I stay on top of homeschool prep, budget review, and taking a few minutes each week to deal with paper clutter. If I do that, the rest of my week goes much smoother.
Blessings,
sara
No comments:
Post a Comment